What are the essential steps to start a successful YouTube channel? I share some details that you have to take into account when creating a channel and sharing content.
Table of Contents
Essential steps to start a YouTube channel:
- Define what you want to achieve: Your goal defines everything you do on YouTube
- Subscribers vs Goals: If prospects or sales are the goal, these metrics are more important than subscriptions and views. If your goal is to get followers, you have to monitor views and subscriptions.
- Content aimed at your target audience: You have to create content in which your niche is interested.
- Visual brand: You have to help people identify your content easily thanks to a defined brand. This way you can create good visual authority.
- Channel optimization: Organize it wisely so it’s easy to find content.
Why is it important to define your niche?
You have to be clear about the following:
- What they look at
- What they don’t see
- How much time do they spend looking at content
- The “I like” and “I don’t like”
- How often do they watch your channel
- Videos on related topics
The more you know your audience, the greater the chances of growth because you can create content aimed at their needs.
Steps to optimize your channel:
- Create a channel image that reflects the personality of your brand.
- Customize the channel layout with playlists.
- Add a short video for both new and returning visitors.
- List the channels you promote.
- Fill in all the text strategically on your page.
- Add goals based on channel links.
Do not make complicated designs, make sure that when one visits your channel, they have a clear idea of what they will find and that the design is easy to identify and recognize. It is important that everything you share is optimized for mobile.
- Your content has to be of good quality, try to make it the most useful and interesting for your target audience.
- People may be viewing your content for the first time, it is important that you include a short introduction in each video.
- By organizing your content by topic, you can easily create playlists and make the person spend more time looking at content.
- Use your mailing list and your other social platforms to promote your YouTube content.
- Take advantage of the text space you have in each video, to enrich it with information and associated links.