Creating a few content ideas is easy, but constantly generating new ideas can be overwhelming. What do you do when it’s time to post and you can’t come up with an idea, or you’re stuck on the best way to present it?
Three-element formula: Focus x Format x Multiplier
How to have many content ideas with this formula? Easy. Choose a focus, format, and multiplier from the lists below for each topic. In just a few minutes you will have many ideas to include in your Digital Marketing plan.
11 types of approaches:
- Characteristics: About a person or organization. Introduce the team, show what a day in the life of …
- Overview: Helps provide basic information. Present key issues / people. Define basic / key terms.
- Detailed: Provides detailed information. All on one topic. Excellent for SEO. evergreen content.
- History: Share the history of the industry / product. Provides background on a topic. It tells the story of the origin of the brand. Evergreen content.
- Tutorials: Educational by nature. Teach a process. High SEO value. Very useful. Evergreen content
- Resources: Curation of useful links / resources. It can be yours or others. Upgradable and repeatable. High SEO value. Perennial Content.
- Research: A study, report, audit, or survey. Provides unique information. You can discover new trends. High interaction and link value.
- Product: Important for customer education. Content about products / services. Often more about the brand.
- Example: A case study, a customer story, etc., can still be handled narratively. Show the value of the product. Allows you to quote customers
- Opinion: A review, ranking or other opinion. Show company / expert perspective. Help readers make decisions. Sometimes seen as risky
- Community: Involve your followers. It allows you to increase your reach. Good results with good guidance.
11 types of formats:
- Written content: long form, blog posts, interviews, etc. They can be alone, but better matched. Low cost to produce. Easy to produce
- Audio: Allows you to take advantage of the time without content. Podcast, audio interview, environment. It requires a bit of technology. Need good sound
- Video: It allows you to transport your audience. It requires a bit of technology. Prioritized in the social. Very attractive
- Information: Helps simplify complex data. It can be reused. Requires data to illustrate. Very shareable
- Map: Puts the story in a geographic context. A unique way to plot a story. It can be very useful. Very attractive
- Game / Quiz / Tool: May be useful for followers. Take some time to develop. Tools available to help. Very attractive
- Lists: Collection or ranking of articles. Generally easy to produce. Useful for followers. Highly repeatable
- Guide / E-Book: It goes all in one topic. “All you need to know”. It takes a long time to create. Can be reused
- Slide show: A gallery of related images. Like a visual list. Requires images and text. Reusable.
- Time: Show changes / trends over time. It can be visual and attractive. Good for showing history. Requires some research
- Infographics: Highly shareable, excellent for generating links from other sites.
11 types of Multipliers:
- Year: 2018, 2019, last 5 years, 2000 years.
- Season: summer, winter, autumn, spring.
- Stage of life: student, newlywed, retired.
- Budget: Free, Cheap, Less than $ 1000.
- Resources: with tools, at hand.
- Situation: small, arid, lonely space.
- Demographic: Men, children, family.
- Complexity: Easy, 20 minutes, 1 day.
- Knowledge level: Beginner, Intermediate, advanced.
- Priority: fast, no stress.
- Geography: Neighborhood, city, country.