The content that you are going to create on Snapchat has to be adapted to this social network and directed to your audience.
An excellent tool for reaching your target audience with creative content is through the lens. With this you invite them to participate in the conversation and make them feel part of a community.
What are the lenses? There are different types of lenses that you can put on your posts and chats.
- Face glasses are well known as they can turn you into something different and even change your voice.
- Ambient lenses allow you to change the world around you and bring characters to life.
- Snapcode lenses are what we see in products and events that we can scan and discover a lens that can be worn for a limited time.
- The Explorer lenses are what lead us to discover thousands of lenses created by users.
- Lens challenges allow you to create and submit Snaps with a unique themed Lens for an activity or event.
- Snappables are a special type of Lens that allows you to do activities with your friends.
Why spend time creating lenses?
While Snapchat is said to be dead, statistics prove otherwise. So to encourage you to create interactive, fun lenses that lead members of your community to live experiences and allow you to increase your reach, I share some interesting data:
Is Snapchat dead?
- Every day 186 million people connect to Snapchat to chat with their friends, play with augmented reality, update themselves on what is happening in the world and much more.
- Snapchat users create 3 billion posts daily
- Snapchat users go online about 20 times a day.
- 78% of users are between 18 and 24 years old.
- 60% of global users create content on a daily basis.
Why are lenses and filters important?
- Every day more than 70 million people slide the lenses and filters
- 1 lens has the potential to reach over a third of daily Snapchat users
- More than 50% of 13-34 year old users use Snapchat daily to view lenses and filters.
- 250 million Snaps with augmented reality are shared daily.
Did you know that you can use Snapchat lenses on Twitch, Facebook, Youtube, and others? You can download it on your PC or Mac: https://snapcamera.snapchat.com/download/