Are you creating videos on Twitter? Usually when we talk about video we think of YouTube, Facebook or Instagram, Twitter is an excellent place to share content in video format. If you want to see an increase in Likes, Retweets, replies and clicks, video is the fastest growing format in engagement today.
In this post, I’ll explain how video benefits your brand and give you 8 video ideas that you can create.
Why would videos on Twitter benefit your brand?
- Creative Videos Will Increase Brand Awareness: The best way to stand out is to be creative with your content and deliver value to your followers. According to studies, users who watch your videos are 50% more interested in knowing your brand. The advantage is that you don’t have to be a professional videographer or an amazing editor to look great.
- Video content allows you to better connect with your audience : By creating videos you give your audience the opportunity to see and hear you on a daily basis. When people feel that you are speaking directly to them, they feel special. Videos are a great way to allow people to get to know you and gain their trust.
- Video sharing can skyrocket your engagement rate : Videos will increase your visibility and allow you to create more engagement with your target audience. According to statistics, video tweets are SIX TIMES more likely to be retweeted than photo tweets, and video tweets are THREE TIMES more likely to be retweeted than GIF tweets.
8 video ideas you can create for Twitter
Now that you’re ready to create video content to share on Twitter, let’s look at ideas you can implement today.
- Respond to tweets with a video : Instead of replying with text, innovate with videos. You can use the Twitter mobile application as it is easy and fast.
- Share valuable educational content: People who are visual will be delighted with the content you share in video format. Create short videos of less than a minute that offer valuable content with actionable steps that can be applied immediately. (The maximum is 2 minutes, 20 seconds)
- Join the conversation: Don’t be afraid to join the conversations that are happening on Twitter. You can upload a video sharing your opinion on current issues, events or trends.
- Record a tutorial for a product or service: Teach people how to use your product, explain the advantages of your services. Upload a short video with detailed steps. This can help you get fewer of those frequently asked questions your customers have.
- Share a testimonial : A great way to promote a product or service is to share real experiences from satisfied customers. Invite your clients to shoot a short video to share on Twitter.
- Show exclusive content behind the scenes: Give your followers the experience of seeing what a day is like in your office, tell about the exciting projects you are working on. People who see you on a daily basis create a relationship and feel more connected to your person or brand.
- Share sneak peeks: If you’re looking for a way to get people excited about a new product / service / project, giving them sneak peeks creates anticipation. You can upload a video about the blog post you are working on, a new podcast topic, or even a preview of your new course.
- Reuse existing content: You can share snippets with valuable tips from videos that you have created for YouTube or Facebook and create a new, short and attractive video.
- Videos are a great way to increase your brand’s visibility
- Video content allows you to better connect with your target audience
- Video sharing generates conversations so your interaction rate increases.
There are four ways to share videos on Twitter:
- Record: you can record, edit and share videos from the Twitter application (Twitter for iPhone or Twitter for Android from version 4.1).
- Import: If you use the Twitter app for iPhone or iPad, you can import videos from your device.
- Upload: You can upload videos to twitter.com.
- Stream Live: You can share live videos from the Twitter app
- Share responses to tweets in video format at least once a week. The ideal is daily.
- Record a 60-second video with actionable steps for your audience. Share it with tweet and pin it to your profile.
- Participate in conversations with your audience and respond with a video.